Breast ProsthesisRemoval Surgery
This surgery is required if there is side effects due to capsular contractureor if the prosthesis has ruptured.
> BREAST > Breast Prosthesis Removal Surgery
Breast Prosthesis Removal Surgery
- Operation Time 1Hours
- Type of Anesthesia Local Anesthesia or General Anesthesia
the day itself
- Stitch Removal 7days after the operation
- Recovery No need or 7days after the surgery
- The informationmay vary dependingon each one’scondition
Candidates of Surgery
- In case severe capsular contracture has occured
- In case the prosthesis has ruptured
- If there is dissatisfaction after breast augmentation surgery
- If there is side effects from prosthesis and anxious about other diseases
Incision PartIn general the incision is made where the breast augmentation was made, and re-incision is made to take out the prosthesis. (Armpit incision, areola incision, under the breast incision)
If there was severe contracture, inflammation and side effects with the prosthesis then the incision can be made in new area.
- Armpit Incision
- Areola Incision
- Incision made under the breast
What is Capsular (Capsule)?
- When a prosthesis is inserted into the breast, a thin film made of scar tissue called a capsular is formed around the prosthesis by the body's immune response. The film(capsular) is natural defense mechanism of our body that separates the boundary between the prosthesis and the body, so you do not have to worry about it. However, if this film(capsular) gets abnormally thick then capsular contracture may occur, which is a typical side effect of breast plastic surgery.